Saturday, May 8, 2010

Top 5 Albums


The very first Death Cab song I ever heard was from the album "Plans."
A lot of people consider that album to be their favorite,
and it is certainly a masterpiece.
For me, I feel that "Plans" is like a series of hellos,
whereas Trans is like a series of goodbyes.
There's a certain melancholy that makes this album just a little richer.
All of the tracks are attached to certain memories for me;
a documented account of where I was in life at the time.
I love it with all my heart.

Yoshimi doesn't hold the same nostalgic quality for me,
but it is my go-to album for inspiration.
Whenever I'm sketching or designing I tend to put this one in the record player.
I think it's my favorite concept album.

I've already blogged about this one.
For Emma is so incredibly lovely. The first time I listened to it,
I had one of those moments where you go:
"Yes! That's exactly how this feels!"

It took me some time to "grow into" liking Wilco.
UNTIL, a couple of years ago, when I discovered "Sky Blue Sky."
"You Are My Face" has such a killer KILLER lead guitar.
It was love from then on.

The vast majority of people will claim
"Our Endless Numbered Days" as the greatest.
And, for the most part, I have to agree.
But there's something about this one
that feels more intimate and hushed.

xxMae

No comments:

Post a Comment