Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Spring Productivity


Oh hey there. :)
For the past couple days I've been organizing like crazy.
The weather's been so so nice here, so I've tried to spend a few lazy days reading in the grass. But for the most part, I have gotten a whole lot done.
I organized ALL of my art supplies. Finally have all of my acrylic in one place! I also tackled a closet of mine that has gotten WAY out of hand lol I can see the floor again! Ha. Major cleaning frenzy. Spring does this to me.

Ran across this today, and I can't even explain why I love it so much. It's pretty simple. But wherever this place is, is exactly where I'd like to be. The light is so lovely. Makes me feel wistful.
It reminds me of my favorite word in the entire world. Which happens to be Portuguese. Because sometimes the English language falls short.
The word is saudade, and it's sort of hard to explain, as it has quite a few different meanings. But my favorite definition is: "vague and constant desire for something that does not and probably cannot exist." Or, if applicable to a person, "The love that remains" after someone is lost. The closest word we have in English is "nostalgia," but it just doesn't do it justice.

Hope your week is pretty and fun!

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment