Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"The trouble is, you think you have time."

There are no words to describe how much I missed meditation class last Tuesday. I've sort of come to rely on my little zen session during the week, and I felt pretty frazzled without it. I wish we could just bring sleeping bags and camp out. Ha. The energy is so incredible.

I'm currently exploring two different kinds of meditation. My group meditation class focuses on "Bare Attention" meditation, and during personal meditation I do mantra. "Bare Attention" is a Zen Buddhist teaching, that stresses "Living in the present moment." Easier said than done. During meditation we focus on our breathing, clear our mind, and acknowledge any thoughts without pursuing them. Mantra meditation is similar in every way, except you use a "mantra" or a holy phrase to focus your mind and center yourself. This comes from the Indian Siddha Yoga teachings.

Loooooooooong day.
Can't come soon enough.

XO Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment