Saturday, June 19, 2010

Cigarettes and Zero Air Circulation

...would normally make for a very unhappy Lindsay.
BUT, it was an incredible, INCREDIBLE show.
I wish I had pictures, but I was armed with only my polaroid cam, SOOOOO I didn't want to blind everyone in a 10 ft radius. Or piss Bazan off. I sincerely did not want to do that. :)

ALSO: everyone that I've ever met from Finland is amazing. I think I should probably live there. I hadn't the faintest clue who Rubik was, and didn't really care, but they won me over with their zany music and bubble blowing onstage. (Pretty rad. It was like a big Finnish party)




Yep, they're cute.



I missed David Bazan last time he was in Springfield. His latest album is heartbreakingly honest and brave, and makes me feel a little less alone in my own doubt. His set was incredible, especially the title track (which happens to be my favorite), and a cover song called "Flirted With You All My Life." He is probably the most down to earth musician I've ever seen. When asked what his favorite cereal is, (by someone in the crowd) he replied:

"I don't really know.
My daughter's favorite is Rice Crispies.
I don't understand that.
I don't like Rice Crispies.
And I want to make fun of her,
but that's not very cool...
to make fun of your kid...
Especially for their legitimate taste in breakfast cereal."

My favorite Bazan article is here



Oh, and Aaron Weiss is adorable.
An abundance of love for MeWithoutYou.
"Messes of Men" was incredible live.

Love love, M

No comments:

Post a Comment