Monday, June 7, 2010

FAQs

Whenever someone finds out that I am an Interior Design major, their first question is inevitably, "So do you watch HGTV?" And the answer is no. Not at all. I try not to watch "interior design shows" because I feel that it hinders my creative process. I like to try to keep a clear mind, and draw inspiration from images, fashion, movies, and art, and combine them with my own personal aesthetic. It's "okay" to pull things I like from images, (like color schemes, certain design rhythms, or interesting new products), because I am an observer of the image, and am not actually watching someone else's "design process." Make sense? Probably not. But it does to me.

Here are some lovely images that match my own design aesthetic.

















Also, I am madly in love with Olivia Wilde.


And I think it makes boyfriend uncomfortable. :)

Love love, Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment